We have been notified that some residents are receiving phone calls from men identifying themselves as Sergeants with our office. Thes...
Currently, there are multiple Tornado Warnings and Severe Thunderstorm Warnings in the Central NC area.
Storms will continue to increase through late afternoon and into the evening hours. Expect heavy rain, hail, storing winds and possible tornadoes. Stay Safe out there! #NCwx www.weather.gov/rah ... See MoreSee Less
Friday afternoon #ncwx update:
• A second line of storms is currently over western NC, traveling northeastward, which are expected to have strong wind gusts that could cause widespread power outages or downed trees
• Much of NC is currently under a Tornado Watch through tonight
• Flash Flood Warnings are also in effect for Western NC due to heavy rainfall
• Landslides will become increasingly possible in the mountains as rain continues this afternoon in the west
• While there are no Severe Thunderstorm Warnings currently in effect for NC, there are several for SC in cells that are moving towards the state ... See MoreSee Less
A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING has been issued by the National Weather Service. Seek Shelter if you are in the warned area. Click here for more: bit.ly/WXIIWeather ... See MoreSee Less